In a popular city like Oakland, we are sure that you’ll find all the necessary things comfortably! But, to make sure your journey to this city is also comfortable, we have partnered with some of the top airlines in the US. Don’t worry, as you don’t have to pay extra bucks for premium amenities and more comfort! All you have to do is pick the right deal from down below that fits well with your budget.
Let’s be honest, traveling to any destination in today’s world isn’t an easy thing, especially with a limited budget. But, you don’t have to worry about such things! Because with our cheap flight deals to Oakland, you can save a lot of bucks on your flight bookings. And, how to get those money-saving offers? It’s simple as all you need to do is pick the right deal from down below.
Click on the Origin Airport of your choice to unlock various flight deals
Oakland’s Fairyland inspired Walt Disney!
Children’s Fairyland on the shores of Lake Merritt was inaugurated in 1950. It was the first park with detailed fairytale sets, including animals, and live amusement. Walt Disney was in the audience during the opening. He was inspired by the park and incorporated some ideas for Disneyland from here. Disneyland was opened five years later in 1955.
A cemetery is the most popular picnic spot.
The Mountain View Cemetery is one of the popular places to picnic or walk around by the locals. The cemetery is spread around 226 acres of land on the hills above Oakland. It gives a stunning view of the city and San Francisco Bay. You can find hundreds of residents jogging, walking, or just hanging out in the cemetery that has many graves and spooky mausoleums.
There are hundreds of hidden staircases.
In the aftermath of the 1906 earthquake, Hundreds of staircases were built to create an easy way to public transportation and neighborhoods at the bottom of the hills. These staircases remain in between the houses of Oakland.
One of the Most Diverse Cities in the US
Oakland is one of the most diverse cities in the USA with a large Black, Hispanic, and Asian population. As per the reports, there are only 34% of white residents while other communities share the rest of 66% of the population. According to a census report, more than 50 languages are used in Oakland
Only City with a Natural Saltwater Lake.
Lake Merritt is the only saltwater lake to naturally exist within a city. There is no other such lake in the entire world. Also, It is home to the oldest wildlife refuge in the US. The lake offers a pristine vista with many outdoor activities.