Which airlines fly directly from New York City to Washington DC?
Airlines that fly directly from New York City to Washington DC-
The airlines listed here may or may not be operating on the day you select to fly and the airport you choose to fly from.
You can contact our customer service team or go to the airline's website to determine if the airline is flying on your desired route that day.
- United Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Washington DC from New York City. Which airport do I choose?
To fly out of New York City, you can choose from the three below-mentioned airports.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), is 15 miles away from New York City and best connected.
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA), is the closest to Manhattan and is only 8 miles in distance from the city and can be reached via taxi.
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR), is 16 miles away from the city but located in New Jersey. Some great flight routes are offered from here.
To fly down to Washington you can choose from the below-mentioned airports
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) located in the National Capital Region (NCR), offers a variety of services. There are several viewpoints from the airport that show downtown Washington, D.C. It is located 5 miles away from downtown Washington, D.C.
- Dulles International Airport (IAD) is located 26 miles (42 km) west of downtown Washington, D.C., and is the busiest city airport in the nation.
- Baltimore Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport(BWI) connects Baltimore and Washington, D.C. in the Eastern United States. In addition to serving Baltimore, Washington National Airport is located 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Washington, D.C., and 9 miles (14 km) south of downtown Baltimore.
What is the duration of the flight between JFK and DCA?
The average flight time between John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is 1 hour and 10 minutes. With a 206-miles flying trip. It may be a short flight, but it's still worth carrying something to keep you engaged on board. Reports suggest that United Airlines provide the quickest flights.
Which airline has the least delayed flights from New York City to Washington DC?
Southwest Airlines has the fewest flight delays from New York City to Washington DC. It is also considered one of the best commuter airlines. Flight timings, on the other hand, can be influenced by a number of factors such as technical issues or weather conditions.
Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from New York City to Washington DC?
If you want to get the greatest deal on a flight from New York to Washington, D.C., depart on a Tuesday and avoid Wednesdays. The greatest days to return to New York are Wednesdays, while Tuesdays are the most expensive.
Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from New York City to Washington DC?
Most airlines impose fees for altering or canceling flights. Since the pandemic's inception, some airlines have reduced their cancellation and change costs. Please contact our customer service department or visit the airline's website for further information.
Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from JFK to DCA?
The New York City airports do not have dedicated sleeping areas; however, you can pay to enter several great lounges at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK), no matter what ticket you have. You can relax in the lounges and enjoy a cocktail, spa services, free Wi-Fi, and other amenities away from the bus terminal.
Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Washington DC?
Food/eatables are permitted in carry-on or checked luggage as long as they are solid and well-packed. Passengers may not carry liquid, semi-liquid, or gel items.
What is the baggage allowance on a flight from New York City to Washington DC?
You can check one piece of luggage and carry it on in the cabin on domestic flights inside the United States. The length, breadth, and height of checked luggage must be less than 63 inches (159 cm), and the weight must not exceed 50 pounds (23 kg). The carry-on must be light enough to fit in the overhead compartment or beneath the seat.
I lost my baggage during my flight to Washington DC from New York City, how can I recover it?
If you misplace your luggage on a flight, here are some steps you may take to recover it.
- Contact the airlines immediately. Airlines are responsible for any missing, damaged, or delayed luggage.
- They have a system in place to track and identify baggage whereabouts.
Until it is detected, request delivery to your house or accommodation. Request reimbursement for luggage expenses.
- Keep any receipts for incidental expenditures. The majority of airlines demand between 24 and 5 days to report lost luggage.
If your luggage and its contents are misplaced, the airlines will refund you. Consult airline and government policies, as well as travel consultants, for further information.
How would I get the best deal on my flight from New York City to Washington DC?
Use our search engine or contact our customer service professionals for assistance in finding the best deals for your trip to Washington, DC. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media for the latest airline fares and fantastic offers.