1. Which airlines fly directly from New York City to Fort Myers?
The airlines flying directly from New York City to Fort Myers are—
- Delta Airlines
- United Airlines
- Jet Blue
2. I am booking a non-stop/direct flight to Fort Myers from New York City. Which airport do I choose
New York City is served by three airports, all of which offer non-stop flights to Fort Myers The airports are:
- John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR)
You can choose amongst the three airports as per your convenience, depending upon travel time to the airport, the departure time, and the flight cost offered.
All the flights from New York City will land at Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), the only airport in Fort Myers.
3. What is the duration of the flight between JFK and RSW?
The distance between New York City to Fort Myers is 1078 miles. The entire journey takes around 2 hours and 50 minutes.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from New York City to Fort Myers?
Delta Airlines has the shortest flight time from New York City to Fort Myers. It is the flight with the shortest delay. The weather may be an issue, but Delta is known for its excellent timeliness.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from New York City to Fort Myers?
On average, Thursday is the cheapest day to fly from New York to Fort Myers, while Wednesday is the most expensive. The cheapest flights from RSW to New York are generally found on Monday, with Thursday being the most expensive.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from JFK to RSW?
Flight changes or cancellations are often subject to a fee. However, due to the pandemic, several airlines have waived their change and cancellation costs. For further information on cancellation procedures, please visit the airline's website or contact our customer care team.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from New York City to Fort Myers?
Many airports provide sleeping and relaxation areas. Sleeping pods and reclining chairs are offered in specific areas of New York airports allowing travelers to lie down and sleep. There are no approved sleeping or resting areas in Fort Myers.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Fort Myers?
As per the TSA rules, you are allowed to carry food/eatables in your carry-on or checked baggage as long as it is solid and well packed. Passengers are not allowed to carry liquid, semi-liquid, and gel items.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from New York City to Fort Myers?
As per USA travel guidelines, Each checked bag must have a maximum linear dimension of 158 cm (62 inches) and a weight of no more than 23 kg (50 pounds). As a result, it is best to be informed about the exact dimensions of the baggage ahead of time and to confirm with the airline for your flight from NYC to RSW.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Fort Myers from New York City, how can I recover it?
In case you lost your baggage during a flight, here are a few steps you can take to recover it.
- Contact the airlines immediately. Airlines are responsible for any lost, damaged, or delayed baggage. They have a system to track and identify bags' location.
- Request for delivery to your address or accommodation till it's found.
- Request for the baggage fee reimbursement
- Keep all the receipts of incidental expenses.
Most airlines take 24 hours to 5 days to declare that the baggage is lost. In case your baggage is lost, airlines will compensate you for your bag and its content. You can check the airline and government policies or contact travel experts for more information.
11. How would I get the best deal on my flight from New York City to Fort Myers?
Crystal Travel offers some of the most affordable flights from New York to Fort Myers. We have discovered multiple airline deals to present you with some of the lowest pricing for your vacation, ensuring that your journey stays within your budget. Our newsletter and social media accounts will keep you up to date on the most recent deals and offers.