1. Which airlines fly directly from New York City to Miami?
In New York City, LaGuardia (LGA), John F. Kennedy International (JFK), and Newark Liberty International (EWR) are the main airports to reach Miami. There are two main airports to land in Miami—-Miami International Airport (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL). From LGA to FLL— Spirit, Jet Blue, and Delta are the airlines that fly directly to Miami whereas from LGA to MIA— American, Delta, and Spirit are the airlines that fly non-stop. From EWR to FLL, the airlines that serve non-stop are United, Spirit, and Jet Blue whereas from EWR to MIA the direct running airlines are Spirit, Jet Blue, American, and United. From JFK to FLL and MIA the direct serving airlines are Jet Blue, Delta, and American.
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Miami from New York City. Which airport do I choose?
LaGuardia (LGA), John F. Kennedy International (JFK), and Newark Liberty International (EWR) are the three main airports in New York City that are located at a distance of 12, 20, and 13 miles respectively from the center of NYC. You can fly from any airport to reach Miami through a non-stop flight. Miami International Airport (MIA) and Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL) are the two main airports to land in Miami directly. MIA and FLL are at 13 miles and 28 miles of distance from the center of the city.
3. What is the duration of the flight between New York City and Miami?
There are flights of different durations from New York City to Miami. However, the shortest duration is around 3 hours and 4 minutes of a non-stop flight.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from New York City to Miami?
The airline that has on-time arrival and departure is Delta with a success rate of 88.4%. After that comes the American and the United with a success rate of 81%. However, the time might fluctuate due to unavoidable circumstances like weather issues, or route traffic which is rare.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from New York City to Miami?
The cheapest days for flying are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Saturday to consider flying at a low-cost flight ticket from NYC to Miami. The rest of the days are either costly or typical.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from NYC to MIA?
There might be certain cancelation charges depending upon different airlines. You can consult with the respective airline or call our travel expert to know about the same.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from New York City to Miami?
If you are at JFK, prefer booking sleeping pods or a room at hotel TWA. Though there are armrests where you can prefer to shuteye it becomes uncomfortable and noisy at times. If you are at EWR, you will have to compromise sleeping on the floor and book a lounge although there are no sleeping spaces in lounges too. If you are at LGA, there is no area designated for sleeping, you can book a lounge to rest but none of the areas is dedicated for sleeping in lounges. Find a comfortable space to sleep on the floor.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Miami?
TSA would ask you to segregate the eatables that might clutter the flow of different items through the X-Ray machine. You can carry only solid and dry food. Liquid or gel-like substances are not allowed in flight.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from NYC to MIA?
According to IATA standards and guidelines, you can carry one checked-in baggage and one carry-on baggage with you. But the baggage limit depends upon the type of airline, the size of the aircraft, and the type of cabin you are in.
- 50LBS to 70LBS or 23KGS to 32KGS is the checked baggage limit for a traveler.
- The checked baggage dimension is 158cm when height, width, and length are added together.
- The maximum limit of carry-on baggage should be 22 inches(56 cm) long, 18 inches(45 cm) broad, and 10 inches (25 cm) high.
- You can carry 18LBS/8KGS.
Connect with the respective customer support team of the airline to know about the baggage limit.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Miami from NYC, how can I recover it?
There are 99.5% chances that you would carry your baggage with you while traveling but in case it is lost, report it to the lost and found department and give the travel details as much as you can to help the TSA officers find it. The officers will track it through the Airlines Tracking System, locate your lost baggage, and return it to the baggage claim area within 48 hours. 30 days is the baggage claim limit once it reaches the zone of luggage claim.
11. How would I get the best deal on my flight from NYC to Miami?
We at Crystal Travel give you access to a site where you can quickly compare prices and hit our favorite destination. We also offer the quickest and most straightforward method of booking the flight. You can sign up for our newsletters to receive the best discounts and interact with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the hottest bargains. You may always get assistance from our customer care team with any problems you may have when booking a flight.