1. Which airlines fly directly from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
The airlines flying directly from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta are:
- Delta Air Lines
- Frontier Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Atlanta from Fort Lauderdale. Which airport do I choose?
Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), 3 miles southwest of downtown Fort Lauderdale, is the best airport to book a direct flight to Atlanta, Georgia. All the flights from FLL will land at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL), the only airport in Atlanta, Georgia.
3. What is the duration of the flight between Fort Lauderdale and ATL?
The flight distance between Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and Atlanta, Georgia, is about 585 miles (510 nautical miles). The quickest non-stop flight, from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL), operated by Delta, takes around an hour and 48 minutes to land at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. On average, a flight departing from Fort Lauderdale takes approximately 2 hours to reach Atlanta.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
As per the data available till April 2022, Delta Air Lines offers the least delayed flights between Fort Lauderdale and Atlanta, followed by Southwest and Spirit Airlines.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
As per the general trend, Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the cheapest days to fly to Atlanta from Fort Lauderdale. Generally, flights are the most expensive on Fridays and Saturdays.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from FLL to ATL?
Many airlines have waived their cancellation fees since the pandemic, so you don’t need to pay any fees or charges for canceling your flights. However, there are certain rules and limitations to it. Please check the cancelation policy of the airlines or contact our customer support team for more information.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
There is no designated sleeping area for passengers after security checks at both airports. You can, however, visit the airlines' lounges or relax in the pre-installed seats in the concourse area.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Atlanta?
As per the TSA rules, you may carry food/eatables in your carry-on or checked baggage as long as it is solid and well packed. Passengers are not allowed to carry liquid, semi-liquid, and gel items.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
The baggage allowance may vary with the airlines and the travel class. As per the standard for domestic flights in the USA, you can check in one piece of baggage and carry one in the cabin. The checked baggage and the carry-on bag cannot exceed 50 pounds (23 kg) and 18 pounds (8 kg) in weight, respectively.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Atlanta from Fort Lauderdale. How can I recover it?
In case you lost your baggage during a flight, here are a few steps you can take to recover it.
- Contact the airlines immediately. Airlines are responsible for any lost, damaged, or delayed baggage. They have a system to track and identify bags' locations.
- Request for delivery to your address or accommodation till it's found.
- Request for baggage fee reimbursement
- Keep all the receipts for incidental expenses.
The majority of airlines require 1–5 days to declare the baggage lost. Airlines will compensate you for your baggage and its contents if it is lost. Check the airline and government policies for more information, or contact our travel experts.
11. How would I get the best deal on my flight from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta?
Crystal Travel always has some offers or others for your flight journey. Use our extensive search engine to find some of the latest offers available for your trip with just a few clicks. Add your origin and destination airports as "FLL" and "ATL," as well as your travel dates. Then click on search to find the latest offers. However, if you are still unsure, call our travel experts and they will give you all the latest offers available.