1. Which airlines fly non-stop from Philadelphia to Chicago?
The following airlines offer non-stop flights to Chicago from Philadelphia:
- American Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- Frontier Airlines
- United Airlines
- United Express
2. I’m booking a non-stop flight from Philadelphia to Chicago, Illinois. Which airport do I choose?
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is the only commercial airport in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. It is about 11 miles southwest of the city center. Most of the non-stop flights from PHL land at Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD), while a few land at Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW). You can choose your destination airport between the two depending upon factors like travel time, the departure time, and the airfare offered.
3. What is the flight duration between Philadelphia and Chicago?
A non-stop flight departing from Philadelphia takes 2 hours and 22 minutes on average to land at an airport in Chicago. The quickest non-stop flight, operated by Southwest Airlines from Philadelphia, takes around 2 hours and 5 minutes to reach Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW).
4. Which airline from Philadelphia has the least delayed flights to Chicago?
Flights operated by Southwest Airlines have the least delays between Philadelphia and Chicago, followed by American and United Airlines.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly to Chicago from PHL?
The cheapest days to fly to Chicago from PHL are typically Tuesday, Wednesday, and sometimes Saturday. Generally, flights are expensive on Sundays and Mondays.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from PHL to ORD/MDW?
Airlines do charge a processing fee for changes or cancellations of flights. However, whether you incur a cancellation fee, depends on your airline, travel class, and route. Several airlines have waived their change and cancellation fees since the pandemic. For more information, contact our customer support team or check the cancellation policies on the airline's website.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from PHL?
Some airlines offer lounges at airports that furnish sleeping areas that travelers can use on their air tickets or by paying a certain amount. Also, Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) offers minute suites at terminals that passengers can rent to take a nap.
8. Am I allowed to carry food and eatables on my flight to Chicago?
You may carry food and eatables in your carry-on or checked baggage as long as it is solid and well packed according to the TSA policy. However, you cannot carry liquid, semi-liquid, and gel items on flights.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from Philadelphia?
The baggage allowance on a flight between PHL and ORD/MDW may vary with the airlines and the airfare. As per the standard for domestic flights in the USA, you can check in one piece of baggage and carry one in the cabin.
- The dimensions (length + width + height) of the checked baggage must not exceed 62 inches (158 cm), and the weight must be less than 50 pounds (23 kg).
- The carry-on weight must be less than 18 lbs (8 kg), and the bag’s dimensions must be compatible to fit in the overhead cabin or beneath the seat.
10. I lost my baggage during my Chicago flight from Philadelphia. How can I recover it?
Contact the airlines immediately if your baggage is lost during your flight to Chicago. Airlines are responsible for any lost, damaged, or delayed baggage. You can request them to deliver the bag to your address or provide accommodation till your bag is recovered.
Airlines usually take 1–5 days to declare baggage lost and compensate you for it and its contents if it is lost. Check the airline and government policies for more information, or contact our travel experts.
11. What are the latest offers available with Crystal Travel on flights to Chicago?
Crystal Travel has gathered many deals from several airlines to offer you an affordable flight journey. Our dynamic search engine fetches the best offers available with just a few clicks. Add your origin and destination airports as "PHL" and "ORD/MDW," as well as your travel dates. However, if you are still unsure, call our travel experts and they will give you all the latest offers available. Also, stay up-to-date with our latest offers and dynamic deals by signing up for our newsletter and following us across social media.