1. Which airlines fly directly from San Francisco to Chicago?
Airlines that fly directly from San Francisco to Chicago are:
- United Airlines
- American Airlines
- Alaska Airlines
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Chicago from San Francisco. Which airport do I choose?
Two airports serve Chicago. The airports are:
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
You can choose amongst the airports at your convenience.
All the flights will depart from San Francisco International Airport (SFO), the only international airport in San Francisco, California.
3. What is the duration of the flight between SFO to ORD?
It takes 30 minutes to fly from San Francisco Airport (SFO) to O'Hare International Airport. Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) is 4 hours and 17 minutes away. Traveling with children means bringing snacks in your hand luggage is always a good idea. From Toronto to Winnipeg, it is approximately 1,856 miles.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from San Francisco to Chicago?
Delays on flights are caused by a variety of circumstances, including technical issues and weather conditions. United Airlines, on the other hand, offer the least delayed flights from Minneapolis to Chicago.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from San Francisco to Chicago?
We usually find the cheapest airline tickets for this route on Monday, so if your flight dates are flexible, consider flying to Chicago on that day. In contrast, flying from San Francisco to Chicago on Tuesday is the most expensive day of the week. Our recommendation for a return flight is to book on a Tuesday. Avoid flying on Wednesdays for the best price.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from SFO to ORD?
Many airlines have changed their cancellation rules after the covid breakout. You can contact our customer care assistance for more information on this or visit the airline's official website since each airline has its own cancellation policy.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from San Francisco to Chicago?
The San Francisco Airport and Chicago airports do not offer sleeping areas and one must look up to resting armchairs available at the airports.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Chicago?
As per the TSA rules, you are allowed to carry food/eatables in your carry-on or checked baggage as long as it is solid and well packed. Passengers are not allowed to carry liquid, semi-liquid, and gel items.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from San Francisco to Chicago?
Most airlines allow travelers to check 20kg or 23kg of baggage per person. The maximum dimensions for checked luggage are 90cm x 75cm x 43cm on average. The maximum weight for hand luggage brought into the cabin should be 7kg, and cabin baggage dimensions should be 23cm x 36cm x 56cm.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Chicago from San Francisco, how can I recover it?
In case you lost your baggage during a flight, here are a few steps you can take to recover it.
- Contact the airlines immediately. Airlines are responsible for any lost, damaged, or delayed baggage. They have a system to track and identify bags' location.
- Request for delivery to your address or accommodation till it's found.
- Request for the baggage fee reimbursement
- Keep all the receipts of incidental expenses.
Most airlines take 24 hours to 5 days to declare that the baggage is lost. In case your baggage is lost, airlines will compensate you for your bag and its content. For more information, you can check the airline and government policies or contact travel experts.
11. What are the latest offers available with Crystal Travel on flights to Chicago?
Crystal Travel does have a variety of offers on flights to Chicago. With only a few clicks, you may uncover some of the most recent deals for your vacation using our vast search engine. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay up to speed on the latest airline fares and offers.