1. Which airlines fly directly from Washington DC to Chicago?
Airlines that fly directly from Washington DC to Chicago are:
- American Airlines
- United Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Chicago from Washington DC. Which airport do I choose?
These airports serve flights from Washington DC. The airports are:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
- Dulles International Airport (IAD)
- Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
The two airports where the flights from Washington DC will land in Chicago are:
- O'Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW)
You can choose amongst these airports as per your convenience, depending upon travel time to the airport, the departure time, arrival time, and the flight cost offered.
3. What is the duration of the flight between DCA and ORD?
The average nonstop flight takes 2h 05m, covering a distance of 593 miles.
However, the duration of flights changes with different airlines. Some may take a long time and route to cover the distance.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from Washington DC to Chicago?
Washington DC to Chicago flights operated by Southwest Airlines experiences the least delays. It is also regarded as one of the top commuting carriers.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from Washington DC to Chicago?
If you want to find the best airfare from Washington DC to Chicago, you should fly on a Monday and avoid flying on a Thursday. If you'd like to return to Washington DC on Monday, the cheapest flights are available then, and the most expensive ones are on Friday.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from WAS to CHI?
For most airlines, changing or canceling flights is subject to a service fee. There have been exceptions to this, however, as some airlines have waived their cancellation and modification fees since the pandemic started. In order to obtain additional information, please contact our customer service team or visit the airline's website.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from Washington DC to Chicago?
There are no sleeping areas at either Washington Airports International Airport or Chicago Airport. In addition, passengers at BWI Marshall Airport can access a private meditation room prior to their flight from Washington.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Chicago?
As per the TSA rules, you are allowed to carry food/eatables in your carry-on or checked baggage as long as it is solid and well packed. Passengers are not allowed to carry liquid, semi-liquid, and gel items.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from Washington DC to Chicago?
Checked luggage must normally not exceed 158 cm (62 inches) in total length, height, and breadth, and must not weigh more than 23 kg (50 pounds). The measurements may change depending on the airline, so please contact them ahead of time to confirm.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Chicago from Washington DC, how can I recover it?
In case you lost your baggage during a flight, here are a few steps you can take to recover it.
- Contact the airlines immediately. Airlines are responsible for any lost, damaged, or delayed baggage. They have a system to track and identify bags' location.
- Request for delivery to your address or accommodation till it's found.
- Request for the baggage fee reimbursement
- Keep all the receipts of incidental expenses.
Most airlines take 24 hours to 5 days to declare that the baggage is lost. In case your baggage is lost, airlines will compensate you for your bag and its content. For more information, you can check the airline and government policies or contact travel experts.
11. What are the latest offers available with Crystal Travel on flights to Chicago?
Crystal Travel always has some sort of deal for flights to Chicago. With a few clicks, you may uncover some of the most recent deals for your trip using our vast search engine. Simply enter your destination IATA codes and you will be presented with numerous airline alternatives to pick from. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on social media for more information on the newest airline deals and offers.