1. Which airlines fly directly from NYC to Minneapolis?
In NYC there are three major airports—In New York City, John F. Kennedy International (JFK), LaGuardia (LGA), and Newark Liberty International (EWR). Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP) is the major airport to fly directly to Minneapolis. The airlines that fly from EWR to MSP are Sun Country Airlines, United, and Delta. From JFK to MSP are JetBlue and Delta airlines that fly directly. From LGA to MSP there are Delta and American airlines that serve directly to Minneapolis from NYC.
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Minneapolis from New York City. Which airport do I choose
The three major airports in New York City are LaGuardia (LGA), John F. Kennedy International (JFK), and Newark Liberty International (EWR), which are at distances of 12, 20, and 13 miles, respectively from the main city. You can fly from any airport to reach Minneapolis through a non-stop flight.
At Minneapolis, there is only one nearest airport to reach directly from New York City named Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport (MSP), which lies at a distance of 15 miles from the center of Minneapolis.
3. What is the duration of the flight between New York City and Minneapolis?
There are flights of varying durations but the shortest duration is around 2 hours and 49 minutes from New York City to Minneapolis.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from NYC to MSP?
The least delayed and most on-time arriving airline is Delta with a success rate of 88.4 percent. American and Southwest make the second ones reach on time. Although the flight delay is subjected to certain unavoidable situations such as weather changes, route traffic, etc.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from New York City to Minneapolis?
Tuesdays are the best ones to consider to book a low-cost flight from New York City to Minneapolis. If you have flexible dates, consider booking a return flight on Tuesday. Fridays might be typical in airfares.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from NYC to Minneapolis?
There might be a few negligible fares deducted while you cancel a booked flight. This might differ from airline to airline. Amid pandemic scenarios, a few airlines have waived the cancelation fares.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from New York City to Minneapolis?
If you are at JFK, preferably reserve sleeping pods or a room at hotel TWA. Even though there are armrests where you can choose to nap, it can occasionally get noisy and uncomfortable.
If you're at EWR, there are no sleeping spots in lounges, but you can book them to rest overnight. You can also find some armrest chairs to sleep in.
If you're at LGA, there isn't a space set out for sleeping. You can reserve a lounge, but none of the lounges have a sleeping section. Find a place on the floor where you can sleep comfortably. It is recommended to bring a mat or a folding pillow.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Minneapolis?
The eatables that are allowed on a flight are just the solid ones and not the liquid or gel-like items. The TSA officers at the respective airport would ask you to segregate the items that might create congestion while passing through the X-Ray machine.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from NYC to MSP?
The baggage allowance for the airport might depend upon the type of aircraft, cabin, and airline you are in. Although in general you are allowed to carry one checked baggage and one carry-on item.
- The baggage limit for the Checked-in ones is from 23LBS to 70LBS.
- It shouldn’t measure more than 158 cm when added as height, width, and length.
- It should have a maximum length of 22 inches, a width of 18 inches, and a depth of 10 inches.
- 18LBS/8KGS should be the maximum weight limit.
However, prior to traveling consult with our customer support team or with the respective airline.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Minneapolis from NYC. How can I recover it?
You cannot carry liquid or gel items but are allowed to have solid food in your carry-on bag. The TSA officials will keep a check on your bag and ask you to separate the solid, dry, or powder items that might create a hindrance to the flow of check of the baggage through the X-ray machine.
11. How would I get the best deal on my flight from NYC to MSP?
Grab our best deals by just imputing the right travel details such as departure, arrival date, and the respective airports. You will unlock several fares fetched through our search engine. Lock the one that is suitable for you at your convenience. You can also get the best deals by subscribing to our newsletters. Also, know about the best destinations, hotels, and exclusive offers through our social media handle such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter handles.