1. Which airlines fly directly from New York City to Houston?
There are three airports to travel from NYC to Houston—JFK, EWR, and LGA in New York and IAH and HOU in Houston. From EWR to IAH, Spirit and United are the two airlines that serve directly. From LGA to IAH United, American, and Delta are the three airlines that fly directly. From JFK to IAH there is only Jet Blue that serves directly. From JFK to HOU and EWR to HOU there are no non-stop flights.
2. I’m booking a non-stop/direct flight to Houston from New York City. Which airport do I choose?
There are three major airports to consider for flying from New York—LaGuardia Airport (LGA) is 12 miles, Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) is 13 miles, and John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) is 20 miles away from the main city to depart to Houston for a non-stop flight.
Whereas at Houston, there are two airports—George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH) and William P. Hobby Airport (HOU) at a distance of 21 and 15 miles from the city respectively.
From JFK to HOU and EWR to HOU there are no direct flights whereas from LGA to HOU you can prefer taking a non-stop flight.
3. What is the duration of the flight between New York City and HOU?
There are different flight durations depending upon different airports but the shortest duration that you can reach is around 3 hours 42 minutes from New York to IAH.
4. Which airline has the least delayed flights from NYC to Houston?
The delayed time of flight can be due to certain unavoidable circumstances. However, the least delayed flight to Houston from New York City is Delta airlines with an 88.4% of delay frequency.
5. Which is the cheapest day of the week to fly from New York City to Houston?
The cheapest day when you can fly from New York City to Houston are Tuesday, Wednesday or Saturday, recommended if you have flexible dates of traveling. Choosing other days might cost you high. Prefer return tickets too on the same dates if you have an easy-to-change schedule.
6. Do I need to pay any fees or charges for canceling my flight from NYC to Houston?
There might be a few cancelation charges. These charges depend from airline to airline. Many airlines don’t ask for the cancelation fee post-pandemic. Call the customer support team at the respective airline to get the cancelation charges details.
7. Do airlines offer sleeping areas to passengers traveling from New York City to Houston?
There are three airports in New York to prefer flying to Houston. If you prefer JFK there are no dedicated zones for sleeping. If you can pay for the sleeping pods in Terminal 5 or book a room at the TWA hotel you can easily spend a night at the airport. At EWR, you can rest in a quiet room in Terminal B but there is no designated sleeping zone as such to rest. At LGA too there is no such sleeping zone dedicated for the purpose of sleeping. Either you can book a lounge or sleep on the floor finding a comfortable place for yourself.
8. Am I allowed to carry food/eatables on my flight to Houston?
Solids and dry food eatables are allowed whereas liquid or gel-like food is prohibited on the flight. When the baggage will be scanned, the TSA officers would ask you to get the items separated from the baggage to avoid any clutter passing through the X-ray machine and let the queue run easily.
9. What is the baggage allowance on a flight from NYC to HOU?
The baggage allowance limit for any of the flights depends upon the type of aircraft, cabin, or airline you travel with. There are certain allowed limits for the baggage allowances according to the IATA standards. You can carry one personal item or carry-on baggage with you in the cabin. Also, one-piece checked-in baggage is allowed.
- The dimension for the carry-on baggage and checked-in baggage is 125 cm or 50 inches altogether. Separately it is 55 cm long, 45 cm wide, and 25 cm high. The weight for the carry-on baggage is 5 KGS to 8 KGS or 12 LBS to 18 LBS.
- The dimension for the checked-in baggage is 152 cm or 60 inches when added whereas the baggage weight should limit between 23 or 32 KGS or 50 to 70 LBS.
10. I lost my baggage during my flight to Houston from New York City, how can I recover it?
There are very few chances that you get your baggage lost at the airport. But in case of mishandling of the baggage, if you might miss any of the baggage, you can lodge a complaint at the lost and found counter to the respective airline. Give the traveling information as much as you can. The TSA officers will track and relocate the baggage till it arrives. You will receive it within 48 hours and can claim your lost baggage within 30 days.
11. How would I get the best deal on my flight from New York City to HOU?
At Crystal Travel, you can get the best deals by browsing the fares to any destination you want. Just hit the travel details and find the best suitable fares for the same and book your flight at a low cost. You can subscribe to our emailers, call our travel experts or visit our website from time to time to get updated with the best offers and coupons. To keep yourself aware of the best destinations, hotels or deals hit our social media handles on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.